Are you considering buying a Backyard Discovery Prescott Cedar Wooden Swing Set in the coming days or weeks? If so, then make sure to check out this very important brief review which will outline all the main features, pros and cons that you need to be aware of before you decide to buy. This review will also outline several other images to give you a better understanding of what it has to offer plus a series of FAQ that will be of interest to you that have come up across the industry.
Please be aware though that guide prices can only be presented at the time of this review as prices can change from month to month or week to week depending on local discount activities so please make sure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most up to date accurate price information.
In addition, we know that price will be a very important factor for you so please make sure to check out the price comparison options provided below underneath this review that may help save you some money also. So, without further delay let’s get started
Swing Set Review Overview:
|Model:||Backyard Discovery Prescott Cedar Wooden Swing Set|
|Orders online:||Yes, orders accepted online with home delivery|
|Warranty:||5-year on wood & 1-year warranty on all other parts|
|Price Range:||$280 up to $330 (at the time of this review)|
|Cheap Place to Buy:||Walmart – View current stock availability here|
|Support:||Backyard Discovery (1-800-856-4445) Customer Service 1-800-347-8372 or email@example.com|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Can it be assembled by one person?
A. No, it is recommended that 2 adults are needed for assembly
Q. What size area is needed for the safety zone?
A. The safe play area required for this swing set is 23'8-1/2" by 23'2" by 14'2"
Q. How long does assembly generally take?
A. It depends on your skill level and the help you have but in average should take between 6 to 10 hours.
Q. What group is this Swing set suitable for?
A. It is suitable for children aged between 3 and 10 years old (many users report 3 to 8 years)
Q, What is the size of the shipping box?
A. The size of the shipping box is 93 by 22 by 8.5 in inches
Q, Does this swing set include Anchors?
A. Only 6 plastic stakes are included which could be a lot sturdier, pouring cement is recommended also
Q. What is the quality of the wood like?
A. Some praise it while other says it is too soft – it needs regular on-going maintenance / staining
Q. Can Toddler swing seats be added in to replace the Trapeze?
A. Yes, but you need to double check you have the hardware for suspension
Backyard Discovery Prescott Cedar Swing Set Review:
Backyard Discovery Prescott Swing Set Review
Main Features Available:
- Suitable for children aged between 3 and 10 years
- Includes a small covered play deck to offer shade
- Provides 2 belt swings, a 1 trapeze bar and an 8 foot safe speedy slide
- Includes a rock wall entry to get up to the upper deck
- Can occupy 6 kids at the same time
- Factory-stained 100% cedar lumber and comes from sustainable forests
- Includes a detailed assembly manual plus all the necessary hardware
- Assembled dimension is 11' 8.5" by 11' 2" by 8' 2" and requires 2 adults and will take 6 to 8 hours work
- The maximum weight capacity is 960 lbs total and the safe play area needs to be 6 feet from any structure / obstruction
- Includes a 5 year warranty on the wood against rot and decay and 1 year on all other parts. It is also ASTM certified
- When last seen on sale the price at Walmart was in the $280 to $330 range which of course can be double checked below
Further images are outlined below:
Main Pros Outlined:
- Great price level is available if you shop around and sometimes is available for sale for less than $300
- All the expensive addons are removed which makes it very affordable for many more families
- Great length on the slide coming in at 8 foot as many metal swing sets only have slides that are 6 feet long
- Rock wall is included to help climb to the upper deck and it offers 6 activities to keep your kids busy
- The wood used is from sustainable forests and it is 100% factory stained cedar lumber
- Much smaller wooden swing set is perfect and ideal for families who have smaller type yards
- They will replace any parts within the first 30 days from date of purchase found to be missing or damaged so please check it thoroughly
- The frame is angled also for added stability and it has the safety handles at the top of the rock wall ladders for added safety as they climb
- The trapeze swing can be changed to a toddler swing seat if needed (not included)
- Overall basic and lacks features that other swing sets offer, but it does have a very attractive price tag which is one of the main attractions and is fair value for the price.
Main Cons Outlined:
- Upper deck area is extremely small and practically non existent for playing in.
- Does not include several features such as the glider, sandbox, picnic table, tire swing, a wooden roof or a large upper deck so it is very basic overall but is matched with the appropriate price tag.
- Instruction manual and labelling of parts could be a lot better so assembly can be slow and tiresome
- Smaller parts such as bolts have been reported missing with is extremely annoying and delays assembly
- Too large generally for collections as it is too much hassle so you are better off getting a home delivery
- Cannot be assembled on you own – you will an extra pair of hands for assembly
- Additional drilling can be needed on your end so please be prepared for this and some of the parts don’t always line up correctly which delays assembly
- Ongoing additional staining and wood treatment work is required by you to keep it maintained annually
- A lot smaller than you think and is quite small for 10 year olds – should be more like 3 to 8 years.
- As it is quite small, you may need to upgrade to a larger set as your kids get older but is adequate for beginners.
Dimensions / Weights to Note:
- Assembled dimensions is 11'8.5" by 11'2" by 8'2"
- In inches, the size is 140.5 by 134 by 98 inches
- Level surface is needed for assembly
- Required safety zone is 23'8-1/2" by 23'2" by 14'2"
- The maximum weight capacity is 960 lbs
- The upper deck dimensions are 49" by 22"
- The upper deck height is 4 feet
- Overall weight of the unit is 200 lbs
- Slide is 8 feet long
- Warranty provided is 1 year on parts and 5 years on the wood for rot and decay
Tools Required for Assembly (not included)
- Claw hammer, 24" level, Step ladder, Rubber mallet
- Phillips and straight blade screw drivers
- 3/8" cordless or electric drill, Tape measure
- 3/16", 5/16" and 3/8" drill bits
- Drill Attachments such as the Phillips head screw, 3/8" socket driver, torque head screw, 1/2" and 7/16" open end wrenches
- 1/2" and 9/16" nut drivers
- 3/8" drive ratchet, 1/2" and 9/16" std sockets, 1/2" and 9/16" deep sockets
- Once assembled, regular checks should be made that all nuts and bolts and locked tight
The price level can vary considerably depending on where you look so please feel free to check out the 3 options provided below…
While you are here, feel free also to check out further Swing set reviews that may be of interest to you as follows
- Backyard Discovery Swing Set Compilation Review – Read More Here
- Gorilla Swing Set Compilation Review – Read More Here
- Lifetime Swing Set Compilation Review – Read More Here
Have you or your kids any personal experience with the Backyard Discovery Prescott Swing Set in the past? If so, then please share your thoughts and feedback with the wider community by leaving a comment in the comment section below – So that they can learn also!!!
Finally, many thanks for taking the time to read our review and best of luck to you and your children with your final decision