If you are a parent in the UK thinking about buying a Chad Valley 2 in 1 Swing in the coming days – then please make sure to check out this detailed review which also includes a detailed list of frequently asked questions that have come up about this Swing in the recent past that will be of interest to you. This review will also outline all the main features that it has to offer plus all the main pros and cons that you should be aware of before you make your final decision.
Firstly, please note also that guide prices can only be presented at the time of this review as prices can change from week to week or month to month depending on discount activities so please make sure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
In addition, we will also outline various images to give you a better understanding on the frame which also include the parts that come included in the actual box plus a summary of the main dimensions and weights to take note of.
Swing Set Review Overview:
|Model:||Chad Valley 2 in 1 Active Kids Metal Swing|
|Orders online:||Yes, orders accepted online with home delivery|
|Warranty:||2 year duration (1 year maximum on the fabric parts)|
|Price Range:||£40 up to £50 (at the time of this review)|
|Cheap Place to Buy:||Argos UK – View current stock availability here|
Detailed List of Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does it include ground anchor stakes?
A. It includes ground anchor pegs which need to be secured to the outdoor ground surface at all times
Q. What is the maximum weight it can hold?
A. The maximum weight that the nursery seat can hold is 25kg and the maximum weight for the standard seat is 45kg
Q. Do it include both the toddler infant seat and also the standard single seat?
A. Yes, it includes both seats so it can be converted as your child gets older and over 25kg+
Q. What age group is it suitable for?
A. The toddler seat is suitable for babies 6 months minimum under strict supervision
Q. What age group minimum and maximum is it suitable for?
A. It is suitable for kids aged from 6 months up as far as 8 years old (or 45kg max weight)
Q. What are the assembled dimensions?
A. The dimensions once assembled come in at H184cm by W151cm by D174cm
Q. Can the nursery swing seat be left outdoors in bad weather conditions or when it rains?
A. No, the nursery swing seat should be removed once play time is over and stored indoors.
Q. What warranty period is available?
A. They offer 1 year on the fabric parts such as the nursery swing seat and 2 years on all other parts
Q. How long does it take to assemble?
A. On average, it takes between 30 minutes to 1 hour to assemble
Q. Can it be placed on hard surfaces such as concrete or paving?
A. No, as the anchor pegs need to be secured fastened to the ground surface, it must be a grass /soil type surface
Q. Can the normal swing seat be used on the lower setting?
A. Yes, the normal swing seat can be used on both the lower and higher settings
Q. Can the nursery swing seat be used on the higher setting?
A. It is not recommended – for best safety practices – use the lower setting only for the nursery swing seat
Q. Is the metal frame height adjustable?
A. Yes, it changes from the lower setting to the extended higher setting once your child grows out of the lower setting
Q. How many swing seats do you get?
A. 2 swing seats are provided – a nursery swing seat and a single plastic swing seat
Q. Can this swing be folded away after use?
A. No, this swing cannot be folded
Q. How wide is the steel frame tubes?
A. The tube thickness on the frame is 28mm
Q. Does the nursery seat include the safety straps to keep them secured in?
A. Yes, the nursery seat includes the safety straps to keep them secured in at all times
Q. Can the straps be adjusted once your child is able to stand to the lower setting?
A. At this point, you need to convert it to the higher swing setting
Q. Are rain covers included to protect it against the rain?
A. No, it does not include a rain cover (you can source a tarpaulin elsewhere if needed)
Q. Can the nursery swing seat be left out in the rain?
A. No as it will damage it - once playtime is over – please store the nursery swing seat indoors.
Q. Can this swing be used indoors?
A. No, as it will not be stable – it is designed for use outdoors only so the pegs can be anchored to the ground to avoid tilting and rocking
Q. Can the swing heights be adjusted?
A. Yes, the swing heights can be adjusted in both the lower and higher setting as stated in their manual by adjusting the rope loops
Q. What is the height from the ground to the swing seats?
A. The height from the ground to the nursery seat is 200mm and the height from the ground to the single swing seat is 350mm and these can be adjusted by adjusting the rope loops
Q. Can replacement nursery seats be bought separately?
A. Unfortunately no, the nursery seat cannot be bought separately – it is only available in the overall package
Q. Do the anchor pegs need to be cemented in?
A. For your child’s safety, it is recommended to dig 4 holes min 12 inches deep and fill with concrete with the pegs enclosed
Q. Can it be used for babies 6 month plus?
A. Yes the nursery seat can be used also for babies as young as 6 months but strict adult supervision is required at all times.
Q. Do I need to buy any assembly tools?
A. All the tools you need for assembly are included, the only thing extra that you need is a mallet or a hammer to get the pegs firmly into the ground or a shovel for digging the holes
Chad Valley 2 in 1 Swing Review
Chad Valley Active 2 in 1 Kids Active Swing
Main Features Available:
- 2 in 1 swing and includes 2 swing seats – a baby nursery seat and also a normal swing seat
- Toddler nursery seat is suitable for babies from 6 months plus
- Includes a steel frame 28mm wide which is powder coated for outdoor protection
- Includes ground anchor pegs which need to be secured outdoors only to the ground
- Total weight capacity is maximum 45kg for the standard seat and 25kg for the nursery seat (needs to be stored indoors)
- Age group guide is for children from 6 months up as far as 8 years old
- Dimensions once assembled are H184cm by W151cm by D174cm and the box dimensions are 79cm by 31cm by 12.5cm.
- Assembly takes approx. 30 minutes by 2 adults
- Warranty available is 2 years except for the fabric parts which is only 1 year and it needs supervision of an adult at all times
- NOT FOR INDOOR USE!!! Outdoor usage only on grass/soil type surfaces
- In terms of price, the price when last seen with Argos was in the £40 to £50 bracket which of course can be double checked below
Main Pros Outlined:
- Ideal for parents looking for the lowest possible price and a bargain – this price tends to be very hard to beat
- Provides a 2 in 1 feature where it can be extended as your child gets too big and older for the lower setting
- Includes an anchor kit which is hugely important for your child’s safety to prevent it from tilting or rocking with higher swinging
- You get 2 different seats – the nursery seat for when your child is less than 25kg and then it can be changed to the standard seat once they are over 25kg
- Assembly instructions are excellent, easy to follow step by step and can be done in less than one hour.
- The outer frame is powder coated which gives much better protection against poor weather conditions
- Good age profile is available where is can be used from an age group from 6 months plus, then extended to a larger frame for kids up to 8 years old
- The assembly is a lot easier than many more complex larger swings so you save a ton of time.
- Can be easily carried to the required final destination as the weight is extremely light coming in at less than 8kg
- The nursery seat has a head support and straps to prevent them from falling out
- Swing heights can be raised or lowered by adjusting the loop on the ropes which is great as they grow bigger to prevent feet hitting the ground
- All the tools needed for assembly are included in the package – no extra tools need to be bought
- Even though it is very basic, a little flimsy and not all that sturdy, once it is cemented in it works quite well and better than expected – plus the low price is a major attraction for what you have to pay and makes it good value overall
Main Cons Outlined:
- Additional work is needed in getting the anchor pegs secured solidly to the ground – if your ground is too soft, then you need to dig holes to concrete in the pegs and let sit overnight undisturbed
- Quality of the anchor pegs are a bit flimsy and could be a lot sturdier and the fabric could also be of higher quality
- Very basic design – cheap and cheerful with no addons. No gliders, sandboxes or slides included so play activities are quite limited and you child will get bored more easily after some time.
- Very lightweight and the frames are quite thin (only 28mm) and flimsy which explains the lower price range it tends to be available for.
- Anchoring the pegs in cement / concrete requires a certain level of skill so you will need help for digging holes and setting the pegs in at angles into the cement before finally allowing it to set overnight
- Confusion over the minimum age allowed – states 6 months plus and also 12 months plus (it is suitable for babies 6 months plus)
- As it is metal, the harsh weather will ultimately make it rust in years to come so there is a limit to how long it will last
- Lower setting can be too low for larger toddlers but at least then you can change the nursery seat to the higher swing extended setting
- Some report that it rocks and tilts too much – that means you need to do extra work in securing the pegs firmly in concrete.
- Pegs could be stronger overall – to withstand heavy hitting with a mallet / hammer on hard soil surfaces
- Minor cases of dents in the steel tubes have been reported which makes assembly extremely difficult
- Box dimensions is 79cm by 31cm by 12.5cm
- Assembled dimensions are H184cm by W151cm by D174cm
- Height from the ground to the nursery seat is 200mm and to the single seat is 350mm
- Nursery seat weight capacity is 25kg
- Standard seat weight capacity is 45kg
- Weight of the swing is only 7.8kg
- Store the nursery swing seat indoors away from bad weather conditions
- Add a rust preventative sealant to the frame, bolts, nuts etc annually
- Keep the single seat in a safe place when the time comes to change from the nursery seat
This low-priced Metal 2 in 1 swing is a great bargain for many – but for those of you who can afford to pay a little bit more for a more studier and solid Swing for your toddler, then check out these options provided below that are worth a closer look before you make your final decision…
Feel free also to check out further popular Swings or Swing sets that may be of interest to you outlined as follows…
- Popular Swing Sets at TP Toys UK – Take a look here
- Popular Swing Sets at Argos UK – Take a look here
- Popular Swing Sets at Amazon UK – Take a look here
Have you or your kids any personal experience with the Chad Valley 2 in 1 Swing in the past? If so, then please share your thoughts and feedback with the wider UK community by leaving a comment in the comment section below – So that they can learn also!!!
Finally, many thanks for taking the time to read our review and best of luck to you and your children with your final decision