Are you interested in taking a closer look at the Gorilla Frontier Playset? If so, then make sure to check out our brief review which will outline all the key points and features that you need to be aware off before you buy. This review will focus on the Gorilla Playsets Frontier Treehouse Wooden Swing Set with 2 alternatives outlined at the end of this page that are somewhat similar yet slightly different and therefore come with different price tags.
Our Gorilla Frontier Playset review will also outline some frequently asked questions that will be of interest to you plus all the main pros and cons that you should be aware of. Several images are also provided below along with some price comparison options that you should check out also before you make your final decision.
Please note that guide prices can only be shown at the time of this Gorilla Frontier Playset review as prices can change from month to month or week to week depending on local discount activities so please make sure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most up to date accurate price information.
Gorilla Frontier Playset Review Overview:
|Model:||Gorilla Playsets Frontier Swing Set|
|Orders online:||Yes, orders accepted online with home delivery|
|Warranty:||10 years on wood and 12 months on all other parts|
|Price Range:||$2000 up to $2500 (at the time of this review)|
|Cheap Place to Buy:||Wayfair- Check Updated Price Here|
|Support:||Gorilla Playsets Customer Service team at (800) 882-0272|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What children age group is it suitable for?
A. It is recommended for children aged between 3 and 11 years
Q. What are the assembled dimensions for this Playset?
A. The assembled dimensions for this Frontier Playset is 19L by 20W by 11H Feet
Q. What is the recommended play area for this Playset?
A. The recommended play area for this Playset is 31'W by 32'D
Q. What is the weight capacity for this Playset?
A. The total weight capacity for this Playset is 800Ibs combined (swing frame is 425 Ibs)
Q. How long will it take to assemble this particular Frontier Playset?
A. It will depend on your level of experience, tools available and available help – a guide is 8 to 12 hours work to complete.
Gorilla Frontier Playset Review:
Gorilla Playsets Frontier Treehouse Wooden Swing Set
Main Features Available:
- It includes 2 Belt swings and a fun Trapeze bar and there is the soft rubber grippy plastic coating on the swing chains.
- A turbo Tire Swing 360 degree is also included which is excellent for twisting and spinning and it has a solid 4" by 6" swing beam on top
- The deluxe climbing ramp with rope supports either side and the upper play deck height is 5 feet giving a longer slide
- Separate rock wall climber and the deluxe rope ladder for the energetic climbers and of course the Alpine wave slide.
- Upper play deck is protected by a tongue & groove wood roof and the kids get a rock wall with a climbing rope.
- Kids will thoroughly enjoy the upper deck Treehouse with real working shutters and comes with 2 Belt Swings, a Trapeze Swing, a built-in picnic table and a built-in sandbox with corner seats.
- All the lumber is pre-cut, pre-sanded and pre-stained ready to be assembled and accessories include the Tic-Tac-Toe panel, steering wheel and a telescope
- The total weight capacity is 800Ibs and suitable for children aged between 3 and 11 years
- The dimensions once assembled are 19' W by 20' D by 11' H and an assembly manual and all the required hardware is included in the package
- In addition, the price when last seen on sale was in the $2000 to $2500 bracket which of course can be double checked below
Further images are outlined below:
Main Pros Outlined:
- Awesome built in picnic table underneath included which is ideal for snack time, break time or relaxing
- There is also the upper deck treehouse with working shutters that will be a major attraction for the kids
- One of the main attractions here also is the awesome 360 degree Tire turbo swing which adds another play dimension to the overall playset for spinning and twisting – the design won’t allow water or debris to collect inside the tire either
- The kids will love the beautiful deluxe climbing ramp and also the wooden roof for shade
- Again, all the cedar wood is already pre-cut, pre-sanded, pre-stained and ready to assemble in your own yard.
- You have the safe knowledge that you kids are safe at home in your own backyard in a secure place.
- Instead of a Vinyl canopy, the upper deck is protected with a tongue and groove wood roof against the weather elements and provides shade.
- Additional toddler swing seats or other configurations can be added to give further flexibility.
- The swing beam is very solid and strong coming in at 4 by 6 inches and can hold 425Ibs separately
- The soft rubber grippy plastic coating on swing chains helps to protect against finger pinching
- Attention to detail in delivering all the parts needed for assembly is excellent including all the small parts
- Underneath, there is a spacious sandbox with corner seats and a great selection of accessories is available which include the telescope, steering wheel and the tic tac toe panel.
Main Cons Outlined:
- There is only one slide available to play on where other models under the Gorilla brand have 2 slides available
- There is no air glider included or a passenger swing where 2 kids can swing together.
- No shoe loop swings available either or a clatter bridge for the upper decks
- There is only one upper deck area where other models under the Gorilla brand can have 2 decks
- No radical tube slide is available which is seen on the more expensive models.
- Assembly requires a lot of time (8 to 12 hours) and hard work, attention to detail and ideally a team to help you.
- Various tools are required to get the assembly job done – otherwise it will take a lot longer to complete.
- Upper deck dimensions are fairly small which limits available play activities up on top.
- Needs to be regularly maintained and treated over time from one season to the next – do not leave untreated as you need to follow the maintenance programme.
Still undecided? Then feel free also to check out further Swing set reviews that may be of interest to you as follows
- Backyard Discovery Tucson Review – Read More Here
- Backyard Discovery Monticello Review – Read More Here
- Gorilla Playset Review Compilation – Read more Here
Have you or your kids any personal experience with the Gorilla Frontier Playset or Swing Set in the past? If so, then please share your thoughts and feedback with the wider community by leaving a comment in the comment section below – So that they can learn also!!!