Hello once again and welcome to this brief Gorilla Playset review compilation which will cover 9 different models under the Gorilla brand so at least you have more than 1 choice when it comes to making your final decision. The range of Swing sets or Playsets under the Gorilla brand is quite large so our review will focus on 9 of the most popular options that are available for sale across different price ranges be it low prices, medium prices and also some of the very expensive models. For your convenience, this review will be split into 3 parts: 1 – Lower Priced Models, 2 – Medium Priced Models, 3 – Higher Priced Models so feel free to skip to whatever part interests you the most.
Please be aware also that guide prices can only be presented at the time of this review as prices can change depending on local promotional activities so please make sure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most up to date accurate price information.
In addition, we will outline all the main features that you need to be aware of for each model and also the main pros and cons to help you make your final decision. At the end of this page, we have also provided additional price comparison options that are worth checking out also if you wish to explore prices elsewhere.
Swing Set Review Overview:
|Models:||9 Model Review Compilation|
|Orders online:||Yes, orders accepted online|
|Home Delivery:||Yes, home deliveries available|
|Warranty:||10 years on wood & 1 year on accessories (Seller Dependant)|
|Price Range:||$1000 up to $3500 (at the time of this review)|
|Cheap Place to Buy:||Walmart – View current stock availability here|
A selection of models featured in this review are outlined below…
Gorilla Playset Overview:
Gorilla Playset was founded on the premise that a ready to assemble playset should contain quality wood components, have durable playset accessories, contain all necessary hardware, and have clear, easy to understand instructions at prices that tend to be a lot higher than your standard wooden swing set.
They have been in the playset business since 1992, and their design engineers have many years of combined experience in designing safe, innovative, and sturdy playsets. From inventive product development to superior customer service, Gorilla Playsets is a big name in ready to assemble playsets.
Gorilla Playsets has taken the playset industry to new heights by going beyond the ordinary features and play value found in typical swing sets. Gorilla Playsets, listen to the customers’ needs and continually strive to produce playsets that will be safe for your children. They continuously make adjustments and re-structured certain aspects of playsets that needed a modern re-design, and made them better! They listen to you and learn from you so at least there is a process of continuous improvements.
Points to consider before you buy a Gorilla Playset:
- Gorilla Playsets builds each swing set and play set with your child in mind! Each set will have different features and accessories to choose from, so please look for the features that will suit your family the best. You can also swap out many accessories for a more personalized playset. The accessories and additions can be mixed and matched to create your child’s dream backyard.
- Everything you need is included in your play set kit at your time of purchase, including hardware. A manual is also included to help you during set up. Each swing set is pre-drilled, pre-stained and pre-sanded to eliminate any prep-work for you!
- All the swing sets can be built using everyday tools! No special tools are required, since each beam is pre-drilled and the swing sets come with all hardware you will need. If you prefer to let us assist you with the play set build, Gorilla Playsets can send a representative to your home for a hassle-free installation.
- Gorilla Playsets boasts one of the best warranties for swing sets in the industry! A 10 year limited warranty on wood and structure components, and 1 year warranty on all accessories. Each set comes with warranty details and maintenance care suggestions to increase the longevity of your set (such as weather proofing).
- Gorilla playsets are built with choice grade, quality lumber to keep your playset healthy and safe for many years! All lumber is hand-selected for its strength and durability.
- Your child's safety is important, that's why Gorilla Playsets is the industry leader when it comes to safety and innovation! Features such as safety coated swing chains, commercial grade hardware, wide and flat ladder steps, self-reinforced slides, and 4x6 swing beams have made their swing sets some of the safest available.
Briefly – Some Frequently Asked Questions on Gorilla Playsets:
Q. Does these sets have to be cemented in?
A. No. None of their swing sets need to be cemented in – they are free standing
Q. Does these set come with pre-drilled beams?
A. Yes, all of the main beams and posts are drilled at the factory level.
Q. Is the swing beam end adjustable?
A. Yes, the A-Frame bracket allows each swing leg to adjust up to about 8”-10”, thereby raising or lowering that end of the swing beam by about 8”.
Q. What level of warranty is available on these Gorilla Playsets?
A. It is 10 years on lumber and 1 year on non-wooden parts.
Gorilla Playset Review Compilation Part 1 - Lower Prices
Gorilla Playset Review Compilation Part 2 – Medium Prices
Gorilla Playset Review Compilation Part 3 – Quick Summary Higher Prices
A Quick Comparison chart of some popular Gorilla Playsets are outlined below:
|Gorilla Playsets Frontier Cedar Wooden Swing Set||Fort, 2 Belt Swings, Trapeze, Tire Swing, 10' Wave Slide, Climbing rope, Rock Wall, Rope Ladder, Table and Bench, Sandbox,|
|216.00 x 276.00 x 132.00 Inches|
|Gorilla Playsets Sun Palace II Cedar Wooden Swing Set||2-Swings, Trapeze, Wiki Wave slide, Rock wall, Rope ladder, Monkey bars, Turbo tire swing, Wood Roof, Tic-Tac-Toe Steering wheel, telescope, flag kit.||144.00 x 252.00 x 144.00 Inches|
|Gorilla Playsets Catalina Wooden Swing Set with Timber Shield||Roof, Playhouse, Sandbox, Clatter bridge, Wall, Tube slide, Wave slide, Rock wall, e|
2 swings, Rope ladder, Picnic table, Trapeze bar, Steering wheel, Tic tac toe panel, Telescope,Flag kit
|180.00 x 246.00 x 132.00 Inches|
|Gorilla Playsets Mountaineer Deluxe Cedar Wooden Swing Set||Swings, Trapeze, Slide. Tube slide, Rock Wall, Ladder.. Picnic table, Sandbox,Tic-Tac-Toe, Steering wheel, Play telescope, Vinyl canopy covering play deck||174.00 x 240.00 x 132.00 Inches|
|Gorilla Playsets Chateau Deluxe Cedar Wooden Swing Set||Climbing Rope,Climbing/Rock Wall,Glider,Gymnastic Rings,Monkey Bars,Picnic Table,Rope Ladder,Fort||168.00 x 228.00 x 132.00 Inches|
Assembling Tips for your Gorilla Playset:
- They include a step-by-step and 3D illustrated assembly manual which needs careful attention and you need to follow each part step by step.
- All the lumber is pre-cut and pre-sanded and the main beams are pre-drilled to reduce the assembly time.
- Any Hardware needed is all included in the overall package
- These playsets tend to be much easier and quicker than lower priced sets to assemble – sometimes 70% faster to assemble
- Tools that tend to be needed are Drill Bits 1/8", 3/16", 3/8", 7/64", 9/64", 11/64" / 1/2" Wrench and Socket / 1/2" Deep Well Socket / 9/16" Deep Well Socket / 9/16" Wrench and Socket / Extension Cords / Hammer / Pencil / a Level / a Tape Measure / the Locking Pliers (Vise Grips) and a Shovel
Other Reviews that may be of interest to you also…
- Backyard Discovery Tucson Review - Take a look here
- Backyard Discovery Monticello review - Take a look here
In addition, if you would like to compare prices elsewhere, then make sure to take a quick look at the options provided below which could end up saving you a few dollars before you make your final decision:
Have you or your kids any personal experience with the Gorilla Wooden Playsets in the past? If so, then please share your thoughts and feedback with the wider community by leaving a comment in the comment section below – So that they can learn also!