Hello parents and welcome to this detailed review on the Lifetime Metal Swing sets which are available to order online at present and get delivered conveniently to your front door hassle free.
The range of Lifetime Swing sets is quite large and the focus of this review will be on 5 popular models that will be of interest to you and of course your children.
As these swing sets tend to be a little pricey also – please ensure that you view the price checkers which are provided below as prices can change from month to month depending on local discount activities.
Swing Set Review – Overview
|Swing Set / Playset Brand:||Lifetime Metal Swing sets|
|Models:||5 Popular Models Reviewed|
|Cheap Place to Buy:||Amazon – View their low prices here|
Lifetime Swing Set Overview:
These Swing sets can inspire your child’s play with a fun swing set or play set from Lifetime. These heavy-duty swing sets feature commercial quality construction and years of outdoor fun and safety for your children. All of the backyard playsets are simple to set-up and built to last. You can view the entire selection of Lifetime swing sets and backyard playsets to find the one that will be used and loved for years to come by your children.
Their goal is to create affordable products with quality, strength, and durability. But it's about more than just quality products, it is about being a quality company. The brand is world-trusted and their focus is to provide a Lifetime Product for your kids – hence the brand Lifetime. Their products reflect their dedication to quality and innovation. Lifetime Products is a company with passion to do things the best way, because they care about their customers in a personal way.
Consider these Points before you buy:
If you’ve decided that a playset would be a great option for backyard entertainment, we have some helpful points to consider before making your investment. To be sure you’re choosing the right playset for your family, you should consider the following:
- SPACE - The most crucial factor when selecting your playset is the space you will be putting it in. Not only does it need to be big enough to accommodate the set, but also the children while they play. There will need to be enough room in the front and back of the playset to accommodate a child that is not only swinging, but jumping out of the swing. When shopping for playsets, you may come across what is referred to as The Recommended Safety Zone. This is the area the Playground Safety Commission recommends should be provided around the playset. It needs to be at least a 6-foot perimeter surrounding the playset. You should also check for low-hanging branches or electrical wires that are potential safety hazards and could obstruct the use of the playset.
- MATERIAL - When it comes to swing sets, there are two choices of framework material on the market today: metal or wood (not including the all-plastic preschool playsets for toddlers). As far as the actual accessories, like the belt swings and the slides, they’re made of high-density plastic for both metal and wooden playsets. You’ll also find the same metal handhold bars on both metal and wooden playsets. So, when we’re talking about the difference between metal and wooden playsets, we’re strictly referring to the actual framework structure.
- WOOD - The beauty of stained wooden playsets has a natural look that is very appealing. The lumber used in wooden playsets on the market today is pressurized and treated to prevent rotting and insects from destroying the wood. However, some wood treatments are controversial because they use arsenic which is a known carcinogen. If you choose a wooden playset, be sure to confirm the pressurized wood treatment is safe. Wooden playsets need staining and special wood preservative treatments on a regular basis to prevent the system from fading, splitting, and warping. If such damage occurs, the wood dries out and splinter, and the nuts and bolts loosen, causing the playset to become wobbly and unstable. If you’re willing to commit to the regular upkeep, you may enjoy the beauty of a wooden playset for many years. However, if you have a hectic life like most, you may want the alternative.
- METAL - Metal playsets are constructed from steel for long-lasting strength and durability and are available in a variety of colors. Manufacturers, including Lifetime, apply a powder-coated finish to prevent rusting and heat retention, protecting your children and making the set’s beauty last over time. Maintaining a metal playset requires touching up scrapes and scratches in the metal to prevent rusting. With the proper maintenance, a metal playset will last for many many years
Lifetime Swing Set Review Compilation
1, Monkey Bar Adventure Swing Set with 9 Foot Wavy Slide
- The heavy-duty, Monkey Bar Adventure Swing Set includes 3 belt swings and 1 trapeze bar with gym rings. Each swing chain has rubber grips to prevent little fingers from being pinched, and the chain clips at the top safely secure the swings to the frame. It also has a fireman's pole and includes a fun, 9' wavy slide. The monkey bars are an instant favorite for kids and provide hours of entertainment.
- Constructed of powder-coated galvanized steel and high-density polyethylene, our swing sets are smooth and maintain their strength so your kids can play safely and comfortably on a sunny day. The powder-coating is weather and rust resistant to protect against cracking, chipping, or peeling. Lifetime's Swing Sets are guaranteed to keep their design and good looks for years to come.
- There is the Fireman's Pole 9-ft, the Wavy Slide and it is UV-Resistant so it retains its strength and maintains the color.
- Of course, there is very low maintenance so there is no staining or painting required on your part.
- Its Free-Standing so there’s no need for cement and its all-weather resistant so it will not crack, warp, rot, or splinter – this set actually passes playground performance and safety standards.
- No Lead-Based Material to worry about and the hard edges are rounded or covered with plastic caps for added protection and of course the kids get 3 Belt Swings.
- There are Soft Rubber Grips on Swing Chains to Prevent Pinching or nagging and the warranty is 5 years
- The Trapeze Bar with Gym Rings and Monkey Bars are also included for additional fun
Pros: You would love this swing set. The kids will not over grow this thing. It is very sturdy and you don’t have to anchor the legs. Even the adults can get on & swing as high as the kids with no issues. This is a great swing set for the money. It is playground sturdy, can support lots of kids playing on it. Awesome bang for the buck, with 3 swings, monkey bars, trapeze, fireman's pole, and a big slide. Lots of things to keep the young ones occupied. This thing is tall. The design of the playset is great, and assembling is pretty straight forward and easy. You would easily able to carry the assembled sections out into the yard bolt them together. It is movable once completely assembled.
Cons: Children under the age of 5 will struggle with this - Some of the things are just too big or too high for them to be able to play on them. Powder coating coverage could be better also and you need to check first if the warranty covers rust damage.
2, Lifetime Heavy Duty A-Frame Metal Swing Set
- The Lifetime Heavy duty A-Frame Swing Set is built to be safe, weather-resistant, and virtually maintenance-free. Constructed of powder-coated steel and UV-protected polyethylene plastic,
- Lifetime makes sure that your swing set will not rust, fade, splinter or warp.
- With two belt swings and one trapeze bar with gym rings, your kids will have hours of fun, right in the safety and convenience of their own backyard.
- It’s a Fun free standing playset for kids ages 3 to 12 and includes 2 belt swings and 1 trapeze bar.
- Constructed of all-weather high strength low alloy steel so it will not crack, chip, fade, rot, warp, or peel like wooden swing sets.
- Designed for safety as the hard edges are rounded or covered with plastic caps. There are also soft rubber grips on swing chains prevent pinching.
- It is also free standing so it does not require cement or anchoring
- This set is backed by a 5-year limited manufacturer warranty.
Pros: The kids will absolutely love this swing set. It is solid and sturdy and it's very attractive with the earth tone colours. It is basic with two swings and a gymnastic bar with rings. The power coat paint is good and keeps it sealed to prevent rust. Safety wise it has a lot of good features like the fully coated chains on the swings so that fingers are protected
Cons: Assembling is difficult but a lot easier than the other models. Some parts could be labelled better for the assembly also. The chains aren't long enough either for smaller kids to use out of the box. Doesn’t have all the additional features that the other models have and can be seen as quite basic but very functionable which is matched with the lower price tag.
3, Lifetime Big Stuff Adventure Play set – Freestanding
- The Big stuff adventure Playset is the perfect way to get your kids having fun and involved in physical, healthy activities.
- This playset features a clubhouse, swing set, 3-D climbing wall, 9' wavy slide, and plenty of activities to keep your kids and all of their friends entertained and having fun.
- You’ll have a hard time getting the kids off of this one as there are so many different activities to enjoy
- There is the Sturdy 3-D Climbing Wall, a Propeller Swing, the A-Frame Swing Bar and the Cargo Net.
- Your kids will get the activity chalkboard and the clubhouse with Hardtop Roof. There is the 9-ft. Wavy Slide and overall it is UV-Resistant so it will retain its strength and also maintains its color.
- One good advantage again is that there is low maintenance with no staining or painting required on your end.
- One big feature is that this is Free-Standing – you don’t have to worry about holes or cement.
- It is also all-weather resistant so it will not crack, warp, rot, or splinter.
- It also Passes Playground Performance and Safety Standards which is an added bonus.
- There is no Lead-Based Material and the hard edges are rounded or covered with plastic caps.
- Some additional accessories include the Ship Wheel, and Binoculars, the Trapeze Bar and of course the 2 Swing belts.
- The kids also get soft rubber grips on the Swing chains to prevent pinching or snagging
Pros: If you are looking for a solid play set and swing set I would highly recommend this unit. It looks exceptionally well made and solid. Wonderfully designed and well made. It is very sturdy and will be strong enough for all your kids and the neighbour’s kids. Your kids can look forward to many years of fun on this! The parts are all clearly labelled in individual packages which makes the set up so easy. The instructions will tell you which package goes with the set-up stage.
Cons: It is time consuming to assemble and will require a minimum of 2 people. It can take around 16 to 18 hours to put this unit together and will depend on the level of skill you have and how quickly you can work but prepare yourself in advance for a hard graft. Price is also quite high but is well deserved if you can afford it.
4, Lifetime Climb and Slide Playset - Earthtone
- The Lifetime climb and slide Earthtone play set is the perfect way to get your kids having fun and involved in physical, healthy activities.
- This play set features an 8-foot slide, swing belts, climbing ladder for the slide, a rung ladder and the clubhouse platform is 56 x 45 x 60 and plenty of activities to keep your kids and all of their friends entertained and having fun.
- You'll have a hard time getting the kids off of this one also and the frame is constructed with powder-coated steel and moulded components of high-density polyethylene (hdpe).
- There is also the UV-resistant finish which retains its strength and maintains its color while being low maintenance with no staining or painting required.
- There are 2 belt swings which are rubber coated for your child's protection and of course the 8 foot slide for continuous enjoyment.
- This model is also free standing so there’s no need to worry about digging holes or anchors.
Pros: You will be thrilled with this play set and the price is well worth it. For kids ages 4 and 2 it is perfect. It may be little challenging for the younger one but that is part of what makes it fun. The slide is high enough to be fairly fast but not so high that it’s scary. Very sturdy and smooth plastic material with reinforced metal. Once all the parts are all put together including the slide portion, it's very sturdy. The good thing is that it is strong metal and once its assembled – it is stable despite needing no concrete in the ground or even stakes.
Cons: The rungs could be more sturdier and this could deteriorate over time and the platform could a little bigger to accommodate larger kids. Apart from that, there is very little negative that can be said about it.
5, Lifetime Adventure Tower Playset
- The Lifetime Adventure Tower playset is an awesome swing set for you kids and is perfect for the little ones who are the world’s readiest adventure seekers - and they can scout out a new one every sunny day in the Lifetime Adventure Tower.
- Crafted with durable HDPE plastic and steel, this sturdy, free-standing clubhouse boasts a rigid hardtop roof, an impact-resistant skylight, four storefronts, two doors, a sandbox, two swings, a trapeze, a 9-foot wavy slide, a steering wheel, two chalk boards, an arched climber, two climbing walls and a car map.
- It’s all weather-design won’t crack, warp, rot, or splinter, and UV-resistant material retains less heat and maintains colour. It’s also designed in muted earth tones.
- It also includes the manufacturer’s five-year limited warranty which gives you peace of mind before you buy.
- The set has a durable clubhouse with a rigid hardtop roof and an Impact-resistant skylight with 4 store fronts. Again, this set is also Free-standing so need to worry about anchors.
- Finally, then, the set is UV-resistant and has 2 swing belts, a trapeze bar, the slide and also climbing walls.
Pros: Coated metal won't rust and is cool to the touch. The kids will love the 3 spots for swings--easy to detach and move. The fort underneath is cute and fun. The top fort has roads and little buildings on the floor. Walls up top have an area to write or draw. Slide is very fast. Rock wall and ladder allow alternate ways to get up. Very sturdy and very heavy. Will age well. Relatively small footprint for so much equipment
Cons: Slide may be too fast for little ones. Toddlers may have trouble with rock wall or ladder. Assembly may take a long time about 20 hours work or even more if you are slow!
A quick comparison chart for the 5 Lifetime Swing sets are outlined below which include the dimensions:
|Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure Swing Set with 9 Foot Wavy Slide||Fireman's Pole, Wavy Slide, 3 Belt Swings, Trapeze Bar, Monkey Bars, Gym Rings||222 D x 92 H x 164 W inches|
|Lifetime Heavy Duty A-Frame Metal Swing Set||2 belt swings and 1 trapeze bar||132 D x 108 H x 156 W inches|
|Lifetime Big Stuff Adventure Play set, Freestanding||Climbing Wall, Propeller Swing, Swing Bar|
Cargo Net, Chalkboard, Clubhouse, Slide,
Ships Wheel, Binoculars, 1 Trapeze Bar, 2 Swings, Steering Wheel.
|189 D x 137 H x 167 W inches|
|Lifetime Climb and Slide Playset, Earthtone||Free-standing play set, 2 belt Swings, trapeze bar, 8' wavy slide. A-frame swing bar and ladder||173 D x 86 H x 182 W inches|
|Lifetime Adventure Tower Playset||Clubhouse. Two Sturdy. 3D Climbing Walls, Wavy Slide,2 Swings, 1 Trapeze Bar||196 D x 130 H x 196 W inches|
In summary - Lifetime Playsets are the perfect way to get your kids having fun and involved in physical, healthy activities. They have plenty of activities to keep your kids and all of their friends entertained and having fun. There are so many models and types to choose from and the fact that they are free standing is a major bonus and saves you the hassle of having to worry about anchors.
If you are still undecided about the Lifetime Swing sets, then feel free to check out a number of other reviews as follows:
- Backyard Discovery Tucson Review - Take a look here
- Backyard Discovery Monticello review - Take a look here
Finally, I hope you found this review useful and please share your own experiences with Metal swing sets with the community by leaving a comment in the comment section below (So that they can learn also!)