Greetings once again and welcome to this Plum Wooden Baby Swing Set review for 2021 which will help give you a much better understanding on the features, pros and cons for this particular swing if you are considering buying it in the coming days.
The plan will be to also outline all the dimensions that you need to know so that it can be planned properly in your back garden for the available space that you may have. We will also include additional images to help give you an overview on the main features that it has to offer your child. In addition to this, we will also outline some frequently asked questions that should help with any possible queries that you may have which will definitely be of interest to you.
Please note also that guide prices can only be submitted at the time of this review as prices can change from week to week or month to month depending on local discount activities so please make sure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information. If at the end of this review, you are still undecided, then take a look also at the alternatives suggested at the end of this page.
Review Layout will be in 4 parts:
- Overview Points to note
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Review of Features, Pros and Cons reported
- Price Comparisons & Alternatives for Consideration
Part 1: Plum Swing Set Review Overview:
|Model:||Plum Wooden Baby Swing|
|Orders online:||Yes, orders accepted online with home delivery|
|Price Range:||£100 up to £130 (at the time of this review)|
|Cheapest Place to Buy:||Amazon UK – View current stock availability here|
Part 2: Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does it include anchors and do they need to be cemented in?
A. Yes, anchors are included and it is recommended to concrete them in (especially on very soft type soil surfaces)
Q. Does the swing seat need to be stored indoors?
A. Yes, so that the seat will last longer, please remove the swing seat and store indoors when not in use for long periods of time (example during the Winter months)
Q. Can the swing seat be changed or replaced?
A. Yes, you can change the swing seat if needed but you need to make sure they have the correct attachments for suspension
Q. What is the weight allowed on this swing?
A. The maximum weight capacity for this swing is 25kg
Q. What age group is it recommended for?
A. It is suitable for children aged between 10 months to 3 years as a guide but strict adult supervision is needed at all times when in use.
Q. What is the size when fully assembled?
A. The size when fully assembled is 120cm by 104cm by 124cm
Q. What warranty is available?
A. They provide a 12 month warranty on all parts
Q. What safe play dimensions do I need to plan for?
A. You need to plan for a 2 metre perimeter around the swing as a safe play zone
Part 3: Plum Wooden Baby Swing Review - Features / Pros / Cons
Plum Wooden Baby Swing
Main Features Available:
- Age suitability is 10 months to 3 years (adult supervision needed)
- Single wooden frame that is premium FSC certified timber and pressure treated
- Includes the injection moulded robust and hard wearing swing seat that includes a high back support, the front T Bar to prevent slippage and a strap to hold them in place
- Soft feel ropes are provided to be kind to baby / toddler hands
- Solid cross braces for extra stability either side and has a max weight capacity guideline of 25kg
- Passes child safety regulations and can be assembled in 1 hour by 2 adults
- Assembled dimensions are 120cm by 104cm by 124cm and ground anchors are included along with installation procedures
- In terms of price, the price when last seen on sale with Amazon UK was in the £100 to £130 range which of course can be double checked below if needed
Additional Images are provided below
Main Pros Outlined:
- From a safety point of view, it is miles ahead of some of the lower priced cheaper metal baby swings available across the market
- Once anchored solidly to the ground, you have peace of mind knowing that your child is 100% safe
- High back on the baby toddler swing seat gives excellent back support for your child as they swing
- Assembly instructions are excellent, easy to follow and can be done in an hour or less
- Hanger brackets are made from galvanised steel and are treated for rust prevention.
- Ropes are kind to children hands and there are no metal chains or finger pinching to worry about.
- Will last a lot longer than baby metal swings as the frames will not rust so you can save money in the long run.
- Harness strap on the swing seat can be adjusted and provides excellent security for your child as they swing.
Main Cons Outlined:
- If it is for your last child, in time they will grow out of it and it cannot be used in the future so there is limited time use from it.
- Price when compared to the metal swing sets is a lot higher but then again that it the price needed if you wish to provide the best experience and quality
- Small level of maintenance work will be needed annually to ensure the wood is fit for purpose be it sealants or a wood stain.
- Additional skill and work is needed for the installation of the anchors into concrete holes – you may need a handyman on standby if you cannot do this yourself
- If you child is 2 or over, then you really only have 1 year or less to use it.
- Minor occasions of some small parts reported missing but generally all the parts are included
Part 4: Price Comparison and Alternatives to Consider
If you wish to compare prices across the market, then take a quick look through the option provided below…
If you wish to look beyond the Plum Wooden Baby Swing, then feel free also to check out further popular Swing sets that may be of interest to you through the various reviews on this website.
Have you or your kids any personal experience with the Plum Wooden Baby Swing in the past? If so, then please share your thoughts and feedback with the wider UK community by leaving a comment in the comment section below – So that they can learn also!!!