Are you thinking about buying a Plum Marmoset Swing Set in 2020 for your Kids? If so, then make sure to check out our brief Plum Marmoset Swing Set Review for 2020 which will outline all you need to know before you make that all-important buying decision.
Our review will outline all the main features that it has to offer along with the main pros and cons that we came across which are outlined further down on this page. In addition, we have also outlined a short series of frequently asked questions about the Plum Marmoset swing set that hopefully can answer some of the queries that you may possibly have about this particular Swing set from Plum.
Plum Marmoset Swing Set Review Content
- Part 1: Overview and Brief FAQ Session
- Part 2: Plum Marmoset Swing Set Review – Features Available
- Part 3: Plum Marmoset Swing Set Review - Pros and Cons
- Part 4: Tools for Assembly & Dimensions
- Part 5: Conclusion and Optional Feedback
Before you start, please be aware that guide prices can only be shown at the time of this Plum Marmoset Swing set review so please make sure to view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
Part 1: Overview and Brief FAQ Session
|Swing Set:||Plum Marmoset Swing Set|
|Dimensions:||Height 2.2m x Width 2.2m x Length 2.4m|
|Timber:||Treated Scots Pine|
|Swing Seat:||2 only – blow moulded|
|Cheapest Place to Buy:||Amazon UK – View Today’s Low Price Here|
|Warranty:||12 years on the wood against rot or decay|
FAQ’s for the Plum Marmoset Swing Set:
- Q1. What timber is used for this Swing set?
- A. It is made from FSC certified Scots Pine timber
- Q2. What is the height of the frame?
- A. The height of this swing set frame is 2.2m high
- Q3. What area is needed in the garden?
- A. The dimensions are 2.2m wide by 2.4m long and you will need a 6 foot or 2m perimeter around this as part of the overall safety perimeter zone
- Q4. What is the age suitability?
- A. The recommended age suitability for this swing set is 3 years to 10 years old.
- Q5. How long does it take to assemble it?
- A. On average, it will take 2 adults 2 hours to have it fully assembled.
- Q6. Where is the cheapest place to buy it?
- A. At the time of this review, the cheapest price we saw to buy it was at Amazon UK
- Q7. How long does delivery take?
- A. Generally, deliveries will take on average 4 to 6 working days.
- Q8. Should you bring the swing seats indoors over the Winter months when not in use?
- A. Yes, you can detach the swing seats and ropes and store them in a dry place in your shed over the Winter months which will help them to last longer.
- Q9. How do you get rid of the squeaky noise when swinging?
- A. All you have to do is add a lubricant to the affected squeaky parts such as grease or a spray of oil.
- Q10. Do I need to cement in the anchors?
- A. Yes, you should dig a hole approx. 1 foot deep, attach the anchors, pour in the cement and allow it to set overnight untouched.
Part 2: Plum Marmoset Swing Set Review – Features Available
Main Features in Detail:
- This Plum Marmoset Swing set from Plum is readily available in the UK and one of the lowest priced suppliers we have seen is available from Amazon UK which can be double checked further below. There are 2 heavy duty blow moulded seats for extra strength and they come with adjustable ropes which can be raised or lowered depending on the height of your children
- This swing set is made from premium round pole wood namely an FSC certified Scots Pine timber which has been pressured treated for protection against harsh weather conditions and will survive the tough winter conditions year in year out in the outdoors.
- For stability, there are 2 cross braces either side to ensure the highest level of stability and the ropes are attached via a circular swing attachment that doesn’t require any drilling and in effect protects the strength and integrity of the wood frames. They encircle the frame rather than drilling through it.
- The age suitability is from 3 years to 10 years old and the maximum weight capacity per swing seat is 50kg. The ropes have a nice soft feel which are kind to children’s hands and they can be raised or lowered when needed.
- The assembled size is 2.4m long by 2.2m wide, the height is 2.2m and the weight of the unit is 65kg. For your protection there is a 12-year warranty against rot or decay and 1 year warranty on all other parts.
- Overall it is ideal for smaller families with smaller garden spaces who just need a basic wooden swing set at the lowest possible price.
Price Guide: £180 to £220 @ Amazon UK
Further images of the Plum Marmoset Swing Set are outlined below (5)
Part 3: Plum Marmoset Swing Set Review - Pros and Cons
Pros for the Plum Marmoset Swing Set
- The swings are supported by soft feel ropes instead of chains so there is no need to worry about finger pinching or hot metal chains in sunny conditions.
- These cross braces do work very well to give the solid support and stability you need for your own children’s protection.
- Timber is pressure treated so at least you have some type of protection against harsh weather conditions
- The price level is very attractive as it is generally seen for less than £250 and in some cases around the £200 mark depending were you look.
- Minimal drilling is required on the main frame as it includes the circular swing attachments, so the structure of the frame remains fully intact and maintains its core strength.
- The ropes are easily adjustable so that the swing seats can be raised when the children grow bigger.
- Some swing sets can take a few days to assemble while this swing set will only take 2 adults 2 hours work to complete it.
- The overall footprint is quite small which is ideal for people with small gardens or yards and it is backed with a 12 year warranty on the wood which is excellent in our opinion.
- Natural cracks in the wood are typical as this proves that the timber has been pressure treated
Cons for the Plum Marmoset Swing Set:
- This is a very basic swing set which offers very little apart from the 2 swings – it lacks features seen on various other swing sets such as gliders, rope climbers, slides and upper decks to mention just a few – very basic and simple overall
- There is no polymer coating on the coat so there can be cases of small splinters that may arise over time
- Limited play activities are available as it certainly won’t keep everyone happy if you have more than 2 children at home or if you were inviting their friends over for playdates.
- The max user weight per swing seat is 50kg so you need to bear this in mind if you see larger children or small adults attempting to swing on it.
- Anchors are included but you will need to do the extra work of digging holes, making concrete and attaching the legs firmly to the ground yourself.
- You need to regularly check that all bolts and fittings are securely fastened – this should be done annually rather than leaving them untouched since the day of assembly.
- Some descriptions can be misleading – some places state it is for 3 to 12 years where is it only 3 to 10 years
Part 4: Tools for Assembly & Dimensions to Note
When taking on the assembly of this swing set, you should prepare the following tools in advance which will help to speed up the overall process.
Tools You Will Need for Assembly:
Ratchet Socket Wrench
13mm Socket & 17mm Socket
Cordless Power Drill
5mm Drill Bit
Mallet & Stepladder
Spade & concrete for anchor installation
Dimensions to Note:
Top beam is 10cm wide
Leg frames are 8cm wide
Height of the unit is 2.2m
Width of the unit is 2.2m
Length of the unit is 2.4m
Rope thickness is 10mm
Part 5: Conclusion and Optional Feedback
Would I buy it? As I have more than 2 children, on a personal level I would not. I would need a larger swing set with 3 swings minimum and ideally a deck and a slide to go with it but that is just me. If you have 2 children or less and you only have around £200 to spend, then this would be the ideal solution for you. Assembly is quick and easy, it has a small footprint for small gardens and it won’t take up too much room in your yard overall.
It is simple and basic and lacks many features other swing sets offer so there is a likelihood that your kids may get a little bored with it after a while. That being said, it is a lot stronger than you think and it can provide a great experience for your children for those warmer months of the year. Many people don’t like the idea of digging holes and setting the anchors in concrete but that work is well worth it in the end, especially when it comes to your own peace of mind and the added protection for your children as they grow older and bigger.
One last thing to note and that is the cracks in the wood – this is totally natural and is proof that the timber has been actually pressure treated so don’t get alarmed if you see this when it is delivered.
Was our review helpful in any way? Do you have personal previous experiences with this Plum Marmoset Swing Set?
If possible – please share your own feedback or experiences in the comment box section provided below…