If you are considering buying a TP Wooden Double Swing Set in 2020, then make sure to check out this TP Double Swing Set review which will outline all the main features, pros and cons before you decide to buy. Additional images will be included also to give you a better understanding on the frame and dimensions and we will also outline some frequently asked questions that will be of interest to you that should help you out.
Please note also that price guides can only be outlined at the time of this review as prices can change from week to week so please make sure you view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
TP Double Swing Set Review Overview:
|Model:||TP Wooden Double Swing set|
|Orders online:||Yes, orders accepted online with home delivery|
|Warranty:||5 years on the wood and 1 year on all other parts|
|Price Range:||£140 up to £170 (at the time of this review)|
|Cheap Place to Buy:||TP Toys UK – View current stock availability here|
|Support:||Customer Service at +44 (0) 1525 722769, Deliveries +44 (0) 1525 722723|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What age group is it suitable for?
A. It is suitable for children aged between 3 and 10 years
Q. What is the maximum weight allowed?
A. The weight capacity for this swing is 45kg per swing seat
Q. What type of wood is used for this swing?
A. This swing is made from premium European pine from FSC certified wood.
Q. What level of warranty is available on the wood?
A. There is a 5 year warranty on the wood against rot and decay and 1 year on all other parts
Q. Can the swing heights be adjusted?
A. Yes, both the swing heights can be adjusted by adjusting the loop on the ropes
Q. Can a toddler seat be used instead?
A. Yes, you can change the seat to a toddler seat if needed (sold separately)
Q. Does it include anchors?
A. It includes plastic ground stakes which will need to be cemented in which takes a few hours more work
Q. Can you add metal anchors instead?
A. Yes you can buy metal anchors separately if required and attach them
Q. How long does it take to assemble?
A. Assembly time should only take between 1 and 2 hours by 2 adults but the cementing of the stakes will take another few hours also and you will need to leave it overnight undisturbed to set properly
TP Double Swing Set Review
TP Forest Wooden Double Swing FSC
Main Features Available:
- Includes 2 swing seats that are height adjustable
- Suitable for children aged between 3 and 10 years
- Quick assembly time of 1 to 2 hours work
- Wood used is a premium European pine
- Air dried, planed and kiln dried before pressure treatment
- Swing seats are both height adjustable
- The top brackets included make assembly quick and easy to do
- Includes several ground stakes (to be concreted in holes)
- Other toddler swing seats can be added if needed (sold separately)
- Includes the 5 year guarantee against wood decay or rot (1 year on all other parts)
- Overall size is 240cm by 183cm by 209cm
- The maximum weight allowance is 45kg or 7 stone and assembly requires 2 adults
- The price when seen last on sale with TP Toys was in the $140 to $170 region which of course can be double checked below if needed
Additional images are outlined below:
Main Pros Outlined:
- Includes the environmentally friendly preservative which penetrates deep into the wood
- The quality of the wood is excellent and it is FSC certified wood from premium European pine
- Simple assembly process as it is only a double frame with no gliders, sandboxes or picnic benches to worry about
- The top brackets are extremely tough, solid and hard wearing and connects the beams easily and very tight.
- Ideal for families with very small garden spaces and is perfect for your child getting started rather than having to worry about metal swings getting rusted.
- The treated timber has a preservative which penetrates deep into the wood.
- Feels safe and solid and sturdy once cemented in properly (min 12 inches) and left to set overnight
- Good customer service level from TP Toys who can be easily contacted from their UK offices if there are any issues in Flitwick, Bedford
Main Cons Outlined:
- The swing seat has been changed to a lime colour now so the green seat in the image is not available
- Lacks additional play features that more expensive models offer – doesn’t include a play slide or a mini trampoline or a sandbox or picnic bench
- As your child grows older, you will need to replace it again as they grow out of it which can be an added expense.
- Additional work of digging holes and cementing in the ground stakes will be needed once assembled.
- Additional delivery charges can apply depending on where you live but are generally free if it is in the UK mainland and the order value is over £49.99.
- Deliveries can be as long as 9 days if you are in N.I. and the ground stakes are only suitable for grass or soil type surfaces.
Have you or your kids any personal experience with TP Wooden Swing Sets in the past? If so, then please share your thoughts and feedback with the wider community by leaving a comment in the comment section below – So that they can learn also!!!
Finally, many thanks for taking the time to read our review and best of luck to you and your children with your final decision