If you are considering buying a Vidaxl Swing set in the coming days or weeks, then make sure to check out this brief review which will outline all the major pros and cons that you need to be aware before you spend your money. We will also outline some frequently asked questions that should be of interest to you also that have come up in the recent past and also a selection of images of the range of Swing sets currently available under this brand.
Please note also that guide prices can only be presented at the time of this review as prices can change from week to week or month to month depending on discount activities so please make sure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
In addition, we will also outline some alternatives at the end of this review that are worth checking out also before you make your final decision if you need to start looking elsewhere…
Swing Set Review Overview:
|Models:||Overview across 10+ Wooden models|
|Orders online:||Yes, orders accepted online with home delivery|
|Price Range:||£100 up to £600 depending on the model selected|
|Reliable Stockist:||Amazon UK – View current stock availability here|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What wood is used for these Swing sets?
A. Pinewood is used for these swing sets
Q. How many models are available to choose from?
A. There are over 10 different models to choose from (at the time of this review)
Q. Do any of them include ground anchors or ground stakes?
A. No, ground anchors or ground stakes need to be bought separately
Q. How long are the slides?
A. The length of the slides varies but typically are 175cm to 220cm long
Q. What is the maximum weight capacity of the swings?
A. Typically, the maximum weight capacity per swing seat or slide is 50kg
Q. What age group are they suitable for?
A. Most of their swing sets are suitable for children aged between 3 and 10 years
Q. What tools are needed for assembly?
A. You will need a power drill for assembly – corded or cordless
Q. Are all the holes predrilled for assembly?
A. No, not all the holes are predrilled so it requires a certain level of carpentry skill.
Q. Can the swing heights be adjusted?
A. Yes, you simply adjust the loop on the suspension ropes
Q. Do they need to be cemented into the ground?
A. Yes, once you attach the anchors, they recommend cementing into the ground
Q. Are the assembly instructions included?
A. Many have reported that the assembly instructions were missing (had to be emailed later with a PDF file)
Q. Do you need to add sealants / wood preservatives?
A. Yes, you should add a water sealant / wood preservative as soon as it is assembled
A selection of the Vidaxl Swing Sets which are currently available are outlined below
A Selection of the Swing Sets available under the Vidaxl range to choose from are summarised below:
- VidaXL Playhouse Set with Slide Ladders Swings Pinewood Playset 286 x 237 x 218cm
- VidaXL Swing Set Pinewood Kids Children Playset Playground 204 x 154 x 210cm
- VidaXL Playhouse Set with Ladder Slide and Swings Wood Kids Fun 400 x 226 x 235cm
- VidaXL Wooden Playhouse with Ladder Slide Swings Garden Outdoor Kids Fun 557 x 280 x 271cm
- VidaXL Playhouse Set with Slide Ladder Swing Pinewood Playset 237 x 168 x 218cm
- VidaXL Playhouse Set with Slide Ladder Swings Pinewood Playset 242 x 237 x 175cm
- VidaXL Wooden Playhouse Set with Ladders Slide Swings Kid Outdoor Garden Playground
- VidaXL Playhouse Set with Slide Ladder Pinewood Kids Play Tower 237 x 60 x 175cm
- VidaXL Playhouse Set with Slide Swings Pinewood Children Playset 238 x 228 x 218cm
- VidaXL Playhouse Set with Slide Ladder Swings Pinewood Playset 242 x 237 x 218cm
- VidaXL Playhouse Set with Slide Ladders Swings Pinewood Playset 286 x 228 x 218cm
- VidaXL Swing Set with Ladders Pinewood Children Kids Playset 268 x 154 x 210cm
- VidaXL Outdoor Swing Pinewood 154 x 139 x 180cm
Main Pros Outlined:
- Good range of swing sets to choose from under the brand as they carry over 10 different models
- Good selection of prices also available depending on what you can afford – some are available for less than $150 while some are £500+ if you can afford them.
- Made from green impregnated pinewood which is rot and insect resistant and also weather resistant.
- Some of the models under the range offer good play features such as towers, wave slides, sloping ladders and sandboxes
- Metal hooks for the swings are wear resistant and safety hand grips are provided on the climbers
- Some of the swing sets allow up to 7 children or more to play at the same time which is ideal for play dates or birthday parties
- Heights of the swing seats can be adjusted by changing the rope loops
- Additional toddler swing seats can be added easily if needed but need to be bought separately
- They have been tested by the accredited test lab TÜV in Rheinland to meet the necessary safety standards
- If assembly instructions are missing, they can email you a PDF file for the assembly procedure.
Main Cons Outlined:
- No ground anchor stakes are included which is an added expense for you
- Quality of the wood in some cases has been poor – you need to inspect every piece upon delivery
- Maximum weight capacity per child is lower at 50kg (other brands are higher)
- No air gliders or passenger swings are included or available on any of the models we have seen
- Ongoing water sealants and wood preservatives will need to be added annually to ensure it is properly maintained and protected
- As the wood is a natural product, it can show imperfections on the beams or legs – small crack lines are a natural feature of treated timber
- You will need a power drill and drill bits for assembly so this is an added expense if you don’t have these tools already in your shed.
- Further holes will need to be drilled as not all of them are predrilled which requires a certain level of skill
- Additional work of digging holes and concreting in the anchors (sold separately) will be needed to avoid rocking /tilting with high swinging
- In many cases, assembly instructions have been reported as missing with the delivery which is extremely annoying and delays assembly
- Small parts in some cases have been reported missing also which can delay assembly even further
If you want to avoid having to drill your own holes or if your DIY skills are quite low, then take a quick look at some of the other options provided below outlined as follows:
While you are here, feel free also to check out further popular Swing sets that may be of interest to you as follows…
- Popular Swing Sets at TP Toys UK – Take a look here
- Popular Swing Sets at Argos UK – Take a look here
- Popular Swing Sets at Amazon UK – Take a look here
Have you or your kids any personal experience with the Vidaxl Swing Sets in the past? If so, then please share your thoughts and feedback with the wider UK community by leaving a comment in the comment section below – So that they can learn also!!!
Finally, many thanks for taking the time to read our review and best of luck to you and your children with your final decision