What are the best Swing sets in the UK at present? People across the UK will have various opinions about their on top choices, so I guess our list for the Best Swing Sets in the UK will be different to many other people, but we have compiled a short list of what we feel are 5 of the best swing sets that can be bought in the UK at present across various brands and suppliers.
Some of our top picks of wooden swing sets will set you back over £1000 but we have also included a smaller and more affordable option for less than £400 also which will be a better solution for families that need to work off a lower type budget. Please note also that guide prices can only be shown at the time of this review so please make sure to view the price checkers provided below which will help ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
Best Swing Sets UK – Top Picks
1, TP Kingswood Hanover Wooden Swing Set & Slide
Main Features to Note:
- Starting off, we have the impressive TP Kingswood Hanover Wooden Swing Set & Slide which is available directly from TP Toys in the UK and all the holes are predrilled in advance which makes the assembly process a whole lot easier. This company are based in the UK, so you are also supporting your local community if you decide to go down this particular route with them.
- The quality of the materials be it the wood, accessories and the fixings are excellent, and the assembly process is well laid out with step by step instructions provided throughout. There is a nice mix of play activities included here, be it the rapid slide, a comfortable swing seat, a skyride floater for 2 smaller kids that can swing in tandem together and the mini fort Tower up top supported with the ladder provides a lot of entertainment for several children at the same time.
- The price level here may be seen as a little on the high side and generally will set you back over £1000 which is a significant investment, but you can choose to pay TP toys monthly if needed so that the costs can be spread over a longer period of time. Other additions that you will like are the access ladder, the platforms, a lookout tower and a climbing wall on the side along with the sandpit that can be put in place underneath which comes with a cover.
- All this timber is FSC certified and pressure treated so that is one less thing to worry about and the age suitability here can cater for children from the ages of 3 and 14 years. The heights of the platforms are 116cm and 152cm high and the total footprint dimensions to note is 408cm long by 399cm wide by 306cm high.
- Assembly will take approx. 6 hours to complete and the guarantee they provide is 5 years on the frame and 1 year on all other parts where the total combined maximum user weight capacity is 250kg
Price Guide: £1200 to £1300 @ TP Toys Direct UK
Or Check out our Plum Meerkat Swing Set Review Here
2, TP Forest Wooden Swing Set and Slide
Main Features to Note:
- Up next, we have a more affordable option for families that need to work off a lower type budget and it’s the TP Forest Wooden Swing Set and Slide which was found to be on sale with Argos in the £300 region which is great value for what you get. Even though it has the much lower price level, there is still a lot on offer and the quality of the frame, and the build is one of the better ones we have seen across the industry.
- You also don’t need to worry about having a large garden or yard as the footprint required for this Swing set is quite small as the dimensions are only 252cm deep by 289cm wide by 208cm high so you will find that it is quite compact overall. The timber here comes as FSC certified as standard and there is a 5-year warranty on the wood against rot or decay and a 1 year warranty on all other parts.
- There is a nice small ladder at the rear to climb onto the deck and it is supported with wavy slide on the front side. In addition, there are 2 solid swing seats which are adjustable and supported by solid bolts in the top frame.
- As the timber is already treated, you don’t have to worry about the application of an annual stain, but you can still add one after 2 or 3 years if you wish to make it more pleasing to the eye. It is only suitable for domestic use and the minimum age requirement is 3 years old.
- The size of the deck areas here is 97cm by 44cm and the height to the platform area is 89cm approx. As mentioned, it is a smaller unit that the other swing sets on this list and it can manage a max weight capacity of 70kg combined but as mentioned before, it does come with a more affordable price level for the average home owner.
Price Guide: £280 to £330 @ Argos UK
Or Check out our TP Double Swing Set Review Here
3, Wickey Climbing Frame Smart Flight Treehouse Climbing Tower Swing Set
Main Features to Note:
- Our 3rd option in our top 5 picks is from Germany and it’s the Wickey Climbing Frame Smart Flight Treehouse Climbing Tower Swing Set which is probably one of our favourite Swing set climbing frames around, but it will set you back well over £1000 so be prepared in advance to dig deeper into your pockets for this one.
- As standard, the timber here again is pressure-treated solid wood which will stand the test of time as long as it is properly maintained. The entire structure has been properly tested for safety and the quality standards which will ensure your children’s safety is kept in mind at all times.
- One thing that you are your children will like is the fact that multiple configurations are possible with the layout of this climbing frame swing set so you can change it around after a long period to brighten things up once again.
- The entire structure is well supported with its swing bean which is 9cm by 9cm and the post thickness are a solid 7cm by 7cm. There is a vast array of activities in this swing set be it the swings, slide, sand box, ladders, climbing frame and a lookout tower up high.
- Although it is made in Germany, it is readily available in the UK also and swift deliveries are made via the Wickey platform on Amazon UK with a backup support being readily available. Assembly does take a good deal of time and effort, but it is well worth in the end when you see your children’s faces all light up with delight.
- In terms of dimensions, you need to note a height of 210cm and the length of the slide is 3m long. In addition, there is a nice selection of accessories thrown in such as the telescope, periscope, canvas cover, propeller, a climbing rope and 2 ships wheels to mention but a few.
Price Guide: £1300 to £1400 @ Amazon UK
Or Check out our Wickey Swing Set Compilation Review Here
4, Dunster House BalconyFort Searcher Climbing Frame Swing Set
Main Features to Note:
- Up next and another of our favourites in the UK is the Dunster House BalconyFort Searcher Climbing Frame Swing Set which has lots of different features and accessories to keep your young children entertained for hours on end. The quality of the build here is excellent, the timber provided is solid, robust and treated and there are professional grade climbing stones also which the kids will enjoy.
- There is a wide range of play areas especially the ladders and monkey bars which are also great for building upper body strength. There is a platform with a roof and also the tower balcony included so there are lots of different types of activities for larger groups even when friends are invited over for parties and play dates.
- The slide is of good quality also and it feels good and thick and supportive and another thing the kids will really like is the hidden den and the extra comfy swing seats. The climbing stones are a nice add-on feature and they also provide specially selected ground anchors to ensure it becomes solid and fixed securely to the ground.
- The dimensions to take note of here is 380cm by 465cm by 280cm and a good deal of time and effort will be required on the assembly, so you should ask a friend or family relative to give you some required support. Delivery is generally done quickly – just a matter of a few working days and they provide a longer warranty on the wood frame of 10 years against any type of wood rot or decay.
- In summary, the age suitability is 3 to 14 years old, there are tons of different activities to keep the kids entertained for hours on end and it has been tested rigorously to ensure your children’s safety are always to the forefront.
Price Guide: £700 to £800 @ Amazon UK
Or Check out our Dunster House Swing Set Compilation Review Here
5, Wickey DragonFlyer Climbing Frame Swing Set
Main Features to Note:
- Last on our list for our top picks is another Climbing frame swing set from Wickey and this time it’s the Wickey DragonFlyer Climbing Frame Swing Set which is a fabulous swing set climbing frame to keep several children entertained all at once for hours on end in the comfort of your own backyard or garden.
- Like the one outlined earlier, there are multiple configurations possible, so you can change things around at a later date to freshen up things once again and keep them occupied and entertained for longer. The swing beam here is a solid 9cm by 9cm and the post beams are 9cm by 4.5cm so you are getting a really solid piece of equipment that will stand the test of time over and over again.
- Again, it is made in Germany but is readily available to buy from Wickey from the UK platform of Amazon and they are generally able to deliver it in 4 to 6 working days. The one thing that they are good on and that is the instruction and the assembly manual, but you should seek another set of hands for extra help as it does take a considerable amount of time to assemble.
- Included in this climbing frame swing set is a climbing rope extension, a sandpit, a play deck, a climbing wall and a green slide along with various play type accessories. The height of the platform here is 1.2m high, there is a water connection for the slide, 5 climbing ropes, a telescope and the tarpaulin overhead is weatherproof.
- The anchors are included here also and they provide a 10 year warranty against wood rot or decay as the timber has all been treated prior to delivery. If you are looking for an awesome climbing frame swing set, and you have around £600 to spend, then this option will certainly put many a smile on those little faces!
Price Guide: £550 to £650 @ Amazon UK
Or Check out our Wickey Compilation Swing Set Review Here
Well, after all this, we really do hope that our short list for the Best Swing Sets in the UK has been helpful to you in some small way. There are so many types, brands and models out there that we found it extremely difficult to narrow it down to our top 5 but these are the 5 that we ended up with in the end. No matter which one you choose for your own family, we would like to wish you the very best of luck with your final decision and many thanks for taking the time to stop by to visit our review.